Monday 27 July 2015

Aeiou

What a crazy week! Finally I can squeeze out some time to do a throw back on Aeiou cafe at 111 King George's Avenue.

This cafe is not far away from Lavender Mrt station compared to Tiramisu Hero and Two Bakers. It's under an old shop house with quite a misleading name.

See what I mean? It's underneath Oriental Antique House.

Outdoor seats.You can sit on all sorts of old school chairs.

Really old school..reminded me of the childhood days.

So true..
Selling seeds for your green fingers withdrawals. I also have been planting indoors, it is so satisfying to see the plants grow from seeds to sprouts.

I really appreciate the vertical planting and the cafe's effort to make every corner to have a touch of greenery.
 
Look at the fan at the left side, the chairs, the bus and the car at the bottom right. Everything is really so old school..I hope they are clean..

I have smelt some of them..not bad.

Right, GST already included in the price and no service charge. Makes your life easier.



My lunch kaki's latte ($5.50), as usual. There's no skim or soy milk, FYI. If you must ask how was the latte, my lunch kaki said "not bad! Better than xx xx cafe nearby". It's difficult to get a compliment from my lunch kaki, you know? hehehe...

My Avocado Coffee ($8). See the 2 cups of espresso and the ice blended avocado. I've tried the ice blended avocado, it was super yummy! I almost couldn't bear to pour the espresso in..I highly recommend you to order this. Oh! Notice the glass? Alcoholics, you should be very familiar.

My avocado mixed with coffee..still yummy, but avocado taste not as strong already as the fragrant espresso had overwritten the aroma. Love love love it..

My lunch kaki's Beef Cheek Pasta ($24.90), with tagliatelle pasta fused with a Tangy balsamic vinegar. He said it's not too sour but pasta was slightly tough, beef cheek was tender and marinated well, tasted like our chinese traditional pig knuckles in vinegar for mothers in confinement. hahahaha...that's his description.

My vegetarian Tortellini ($17.90), pasta dumplings stuffed with ricotta and parmigiano cheese in homemade tomato stew. This dish was very appetizing, the pasta skin was soft but didn't burst or split. The dumpling fillings were not too much and vegetable inside was cooked just right. I could feel many different texture in this dish. I also recommend this to my vegetarian mates.

Overall, this cafe is a very pleasant place for fresh air and high ceiling. The background bosanova music soft enough for us to talk without shouting or repeating and the waiters asked us for the feedback on the food. However, there was no free flow of water and we needed to keep asking for it.

Oh ya, they have beer and wines too.

They do arrange for private events, so do check out their facebook below before you whatapps your bff to go there:
https://www.facebook.com/aeioulife

No comments:

Post a Comment